PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 17, 2006

So proud..



CJ's birthday party with his friends was tonight. He decided he wanted to go see "The Shaggy Dog" movie and wanted a shaggy dog cake. I was a bit perplexed by the notion of making this cake. As you can see, I did my homework at the Wilton website and it turned out pretty "doggone" good, if I do say so myself!

It's funny. All through the movie I was looking at the dog thinking about how I could've done the cake differently.

We had an early dinner (pizza) and then had cake (I hated to cut it!) and CJ opened gifts. We then went to an early movie to take advantage of special pricing. I had another mother help drive since I don' t have a van. The kids were all very well behaved throughout the movie. Now, a couple of the boys are spending the night. They have popcorn and a movie. Hopefully soon, they will be settling down a bit.

This was a great theme for a party. I found ideas for decorations, treat bags and such at http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com. There were great ideas for watching movies at home, too. Some suggestions indicated the theatre did special things for parties. I wished our theatre was a little more accommodating and allowed the kids to see how the film is projected onto the screen. Oh, well. We all still had fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Blond Girl said...

I am BEYOND impressed by that cake! I can see why you would hate to cut it! Jeepers, when SG hits 8 in two years and expects a sleeptover, don't be surprised if I call you for a little cake decorating help. I may be creative, but you got me beat ALL HOLLOW at cake decorating - wheather it is from a cake mix or a bunch of towels!

10:34 AM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

you have my utmost respect. that cake looks awesome. i am the WORST baker ever.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Praying for your Prodigal said...

Well..let me just chime in...with all the rest of your adoring fans...I'm impressed!

What a great cake!

Diane

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home