PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Is there a doggy heaven?

Yesterday was a sad day here at the castle. One of the royal pets was very ill and we had to let her go to doggy heaven. It all happened so fast. Within just a couple weeks, she lost so much weight and at the end couldn't stay standing for long. She would've been 10 years old in June. She was a great pet and mother to many pups. She had a great disposition - wonderful around kids.

CJ took it pretty hard, but he was able to give her "a proper goodbye" with treats and a hug. As I tucked him into bed last night, he said, "Mom, I feel like I didn't tend to her the way I should've. Tell Dad I'll start taking care of the kennel." We still have one of the pups, now nearly 5 years old and the sire, who is in the house. Today after school, CJ went straight to the kennel and cleaned it out. We'll see how long this lasts. Don't get me wrong, he has good intentions on keeping with it, but knowing CJ, once the weather gets better and there's more fun things to do.... well, like I said, we'll see. I commend him for taking the initiative to take responsibility for this job.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blond Girl said...

Call me silly; I can't find it in the bible, but I am pretty convinced that dogs and cats who are loved find their own heaven - and I think it may be with the ones who loved them. Like I said, not in the bible, just a hope of mine. I'd like to think I'll get to see my childhood cat, Smoky, again someday!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home