PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 09, 2006

9 years ago....

...I was sitting in my recliner, feeling bigger than a barn, pregnant with my first child. The due date was 10 days away, but by that Sunday evening, I was getting frustrated. I had taken Friday off work feeling like something was about to happen. All weekend long, I was waiting for that moment when a pregnant woman says, "Honey, it's time to go."

As my hubby (AR) was getting ready for bed, he asked me if I thought I would be going into work the next day. I remember exactly our next words. "I might as well, cuz I guess this baby's never coming out!" He replied, "You won't have to worry about that. You're having the baby tomorrow." And off to bed he went.

I sat in the chair, wondering what in the world he thought. Why did he say such a thing? What does he know? For all my luck, the baby would be 2 weeks overdue!

Now, by the end of my pregnancy, I required numerous pillows to support my back, belly, knees, oh, and head! I was sleeping in the guest room, where I could have all the space I wanted. That Sunday night, at Midnight, I awoke.

I had the feeling my water had broke, but I wasn't sure. I called the hospital and they told me to walk around for 30 minutes to see if I had any leakage. I woke AR and he got in the shower. I called back to the hospital with my symptoms and was told to come on in. I'll spare you all the details, but it took me a while to get dressed, and call GranDee and GraNee. I remember the 30 minute ride into town. It seemed as though AR was driving our Chevy pick-up truck over every single bump in the road! Why did we have to take the truck?


I arrived at the hospital at about 2am. I was leaving my pain relief options open, but wanted to try to avoid an epidural. I did submit to a dose of Nubain in my IV. I had never had any kind of drug intraveneously and I remember the room spun for a couple minutes. WOW! Pretty soon, my contractions stopped. That was wierd. I was given pitocin, I think, to start the contractions again. At 6:36am, my first child, my son, was born. AR was right! It was so exciting! Little did we know how our lives would change!

CJ's 9th birthday is tomorrow. I usually don't work on a Friday, but I was asked to work tomorrow as two of my co-workers will be out of the country at a seminar. I agreed to work as long as I could leave by 3pm. CJ's grandparents will come to our home for a spaghetti dinner (AR's homemade sauce is simmering now - sorry, BG, there is a difference in spaghetti sauce) and an Illini basketball cake. Then, we have to root on the ILLINI in the Big Ten tourney.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CJ!

1 Comments:

Blogger Blond Girl said...

Oh, I totally agree about homemade spagetti sauce. I prefer it; I just don't have the time to make it. Then I have to go to the bottled stuff - and doctor it up!


As for CJ, Champs mentioned on the 10th that it was his birthday. Why do hubbys wait to tell you these things?!?! I need to make a master calander of all the birthdays. I was astounded it was here aready and that CJ is already 9 years old. I can still remember when I first met him; he was so tiny in his stroller. I remembered thinking how cute he was and what would it be like when Champs and I had one of our own... would our baby look anything like CJ? And boy howdy, did she ever! Amazing; I don't think I've seen any pictures of you pregnant.

It's astounding how AR knew he would be born. Sometimes husbands have uncanny awareness of stuff, you know?

Sorry I haven't been commenting much; I've been reading on the fly. I read about getting Grandee into her home and your safe delimma. I wanted to comment but just couldn't stop. I haven't been writing much on my blog. I want to write more but I seem busier than ever and I'm not really sure why....

And I am at work now, so I need to go, but know that we're thinking of you!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home