PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What next?

I will try to make this short as I am exhausted yet I have so many things on my "to do" list rushing through my head. Within the last month, I have visited the ER with Belle, thinking she surely had meningitis (she's fine); sat in the hospital two hours away from home with GranDee as she had a scheduled tracheostomy only to meet GranMum with Belle at the doc's office on the way home. She had an ear infection that turned into three nights of holding her as she wouldn't sleep and another visit to the doc. Then, just days after GranDee comes home from surgery, she's transported by ambulance with pneumonia and complications with her stoma. Even though I wasn't physically at the hospital until she had more surgery, I was mentally, spiritually, and emotionally there. Two days ago, she had the surgery to stablize her stoma by inserting a trache tube. I left home at 6:30am and returned at 8:00pm. Yesterday, I battled the dog at the vet, but not much else. Today, I had to work (left home at 7:15am and returned at 6:30pm). I'm pooped.

So, now I find out the accountant wants the yearly reports for our tavern so he can file taxes. Our partner called today and spoke to AR. I'm to have everything ready by Monday. There's no way I could have everything caught up in the computer by Monday. The house is a mess, with clean clothes once folded still on the couch. There are a few dirty dishes that had to soak still in the sink from last night. The dining room table, visible to anyone at the front door, is piled with Christmas decorations that haven't been put away yet (along with my endless stack of paper/mail.) CJ has had two wet nights in a row - he'd been doing so well- and doesn't have clean sheets for the bed (thank goodness for blankets and sleeping bags). The dog wants out, then back in, then he cries to go back out again. UGH! Does it ever end? I'm not complaining, just listing everything I have to do. And that's not everything.

Something needs to change. I need to go to sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Russ said...

I know the feeling. I have been going Mach 3 with my hair on fire the past few weeks.
Hang in there and find a bunk to crawl into for a solid 8

9:08 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Just reading about your schedule has me tired. But Happy Valentine's Day!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home