PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Where have all the bloggers gone?

At least I'm not the only one slacking off on blogging. Although, Blond Girl has a fairly legitimate excuse - moving. I'm just glad I'm not the one packing up everything I own to move to a smaller, temporary home until summer - only to move again. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are moving here. My kids need to be around their cousins more.

We went to Motor's house on Monday so he could help me with my computer. Spark and Belle were so cute playing together! And CJ was "supervising." There was one incident were Spark squealed and Belle came running to me saying, "Mommy, mommy! Spark dlakjg lhfljhld;hgjah" I have no idea what the jibberish was, but I could tell she was tattling. I've noticed her doing that at home as well. As a matter of fact, a couple nights ago, she was in her high chair coloring while we were preparing dinner. She started her squalling (for no reason but attention) and AR hollered, "HEY!" I swear Belle looked straight at me and said, "Mommy, mommy, mommy! Daddy want bl*w j*b!" Now, before you criticize my language in front of my kids, we never use those words, especially around the kids. I just thought it was sooo funny that whatever she said turned out to sound the way it did!

Belle is really starting to have quite an array of facial expressions. I can't believe how much she reminds me of CJ when he was that age. They are so much alike. They both started talking early, are very dramatic in their expressions, and have such tender hearts. They love each other so much. I know there will come a day when they will say, "I hate you!" to each other, and I dread that day! It is so nice to see Belle run to the door when CJ comes home from school yelling "Bubba!" and giving him a big hug. He likes to love on her just as much. I look at the two of them and it's hard to remember just having CJ.

He was the only one for 7 years and he has adjusted quite well. Oh, he's had his moments of jealosy, but really, he's done remarkable. I remember when he would tell me, "All you have to do, Mommy, is pray for a baby. It's up to you if you have a girl or a boy. I just want to be a big brother!" Pretty soon, it wasn't good enough for me to pray and he started the praying. Up to the very time Belle was born, he said it didn't matter to him whether he had a brother or sister, as long as the baby was healthy. I was sure I was having another boy. I was so surprised when they announced I had just given birth to a daughter. I feel so blessed to have them both, and so thankful they love each other the way they do.

1 Comments:

Blogger GranDee said...

My house sold today... (Happy dance, Happy dance!)
That means in just a few short weeks I will be there to observe those brother / sister/ cousin interactions and get involed with their lives. I have missed out on a lot with you two when you were children and have missed out a lot with all three of my grandchildren. I plan to be at the grandkids school plays, sporting events, or what have you (as long as I have spoons). Maybe CJ would like for me to come to school and show them a crazy Red Hatter... and maybe not... I had better not force the issue.
OMGosh... I just realized that CJ will be 9 this year....that means next year he will be in the double didgits!!!
It has been thirty years since Princssis, Champs and I have lived in the same place.... WOW! Time does and will just fly by.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home