PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 23, 2006

TUB UGLY

I just got out of the tub. I usually take showers, but tonight my legs were aching, so i decided to take a luxiourios soak. First of all, my tub is not your ordinary tub. It is a sunken concrete squared hand-made (i think) tub that is covered in one-inch tiles. It is mostly teal with single tiles of tan, yellow, black and grey scattered throughout. It's not the prettiest thing to look at. My bathroom walls are assorted shades of pink tile half-way up the wall. Then there's pink floral wallpaper. ICK! Around the toilet (which is pink), the tile are the same style, but baby blue. There is a custom one-inch teal tile counter surrounding the pink sink. One word describes this bathroom. UGLY!

The tub is very deep (did i mention it is sunken?) and very square. It's nice to sit in, as you can literally empty the water heater and nearly have water to your armpits. However, you can't really lean back and relax due to it's squareness. There's no support for your back and no where to lay your head.

Tonight, I used like a third of a bottle of skin milk to make lots and lots of bubbles. I imagined those movie shots with the woman so relaxed in the tub full of bubbles. Well, I had the tub full of bubbles, but I was not relaxing. I could feel my shoulders slump forward so much that I feared I'd look like I had a hump. My neck is so tight and I'm yearning to lay back. Ugh. The water started to feel cool coming out of the tap, so I turned it off. I had given Belle a bath a little earlier, so I probably didn't get a full water heater to start with. My tub was filled no where near my pits. Anyway, shortly after turning off the water, it seemed the water level was lowering. I bet the drain isn't holding. It's time to remodel the bathroom.

AR has been working seven days a week and is exhausted when he gets home at 2:30pm. He's in bed by 8pm most nights. He has absolutely no energy to do anything. So, I don't foresee my bathroom getting remodeled any time soon. Besides, he still has to do the inside finish work around the upstairs windows he replaced this fall. Do I continue waiting (we've been in the house 12 years and it was the first thing on my list), or........
What do you suggest?

2 Comments:

Blogger Russ said...

Get a hot tub. A good one like a Hot Spring brand.
It's always hot and inviting. I couldn't survive without mine.

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Maryanne said...

Hi there, I'm from Michele's. I am so jealous, I love a big deep bath tub. Had one in a house years ago. I say get it fixed pronto. It sound so nice. Maybe a tub fund on your blog would be a good idea? It's a thought. Worthy cause I'd say!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home