PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 06, 2006

HO, HO Hack and Happy New Year!

Well, just as I said in my last post, what gets done, gets done. The upstairs bathroom sink drain didn't get fixed, family pics weren't taken, and I didn't get Christmas cards sent out. I think I'll do more of a New Year's letter this year. I still want to send one out - after we have the family portrait done. We have friends that always send out their family letter after the holidays. I always look forward to it after all the hub-bub. I don't know if I'll make it a tradition, but for this year, anyway.

I'm so thankful that Tank was able to get in earlier than expected, so he was here along with everyone else! He showed some video/pics from Iraq - anything from scenery, weapons they found, the destruction of the elimination of the weapons they found, sweet children, and the soldiers horsing around! It was fun. He says our troops need to be there. There's so much good going on that we don't hear about on the news! He goes back on Monday! :'-(

We survived Christmas Eve. Everyone had a great time. Apologies go out to Blond Girl about the chili! And I don't think I even got to try your cookies! (DARN!) Anyway, there were some things that didn't get done, but it was all good anyway. Then, Christmas night, AR got sick. I think it was the flu that's going around here. I was so tired from the short nights prior to Christmas. I fell ill on New Year's Eve, so we didn't do anything except rent Star Wars III and go to bed by 10:30pm. Oh, well. It's just another year.

Over the course of the holidays, AR and I started talking about eating healthier. We didn't really make New Year's resolutions, just a decision to do better. AR's cousin is big into organic food and AR's been reading up on it. We've decided our health is important, so we will buy more organic food and try making our own juices (after we buy a juicer). I asked for and received a blender for Christmas to make smoothies. I've tried one recipe so far, but I need to get more fruit. We also will be more dedicated to our large garden in respect to pesticides and such, and not letting as much go to waste. Now that Belle is older, it will be easier for me to do more canning this next year. Our garden this last year mostly went to waste. I just didn't have time to harvest and can. We also had some late summer storms that damaged some of the crop and made it difficult to control the weeds. CJ is old enough to help as well. That could be a Boy Scout activity. He loves helping his dad plant the garden, but his interest is suppressed when it comes time to harvest.

Back to the sickies, last night, Belle had a fever and was VERY clingy - she would not let me put her down for anything! So, I held her all night and all morning. I had been giving her Tylenol through the night and day and decided to try ibuprofen tonight. She's like a new little girl! She did go to bed a little later than usual, but I'm hoping she sleeps through the night tonight. I better get to bed soon so I'll be better rested.

Good night and belated Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home