PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 14, 2005

World Series Fever!

So, we're down to four teams in the race to be named the World Series Champs! Our family, if you couldn't tell from previous posts (like Take me out to the ballgame!), are die hard Cardinal fans! (Well, my dad is probably rolling over in his grave when I say that - I grew up in a Cub fan household and married a Cardinal fan.) My favorite player is Jim Edmonds, AR's is Scott Rolen, and CJ's is Albert Pujols. Our team is currently 1-1 in their series with the Astros. We think it would be cool if the Cards and White Sox play for the World Series Championship. CJ would "have a cow" IF we were able to get tickets to a game. We probably won't, anyway. Although, AR has had some luck this year finding tickets - and good seats, too! CJ was even on TV!

Anyway, are you following the World Series playoffs? If so, which team are you rooting for? Who are your favorite players? Who do you think will be playing in the World Series Championship?

15 Comments:

Blogger Champs said...

I have been a closet Cards fan since I was a kid. My favorite player is Pujols because he can hit homers, Eckstein because he a short little boy and is fun to see pitchers get mad because they walk him and Molina because he thrown everyone out.

I also want the Sox to win and it looks like they will. I would love to see those East Coast people whine and cry as they watch a midwst team win it all for a change.

11:28 PM  
Blogger TC said...

I haven't watched a World Series in years. But good luck to your team!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

I've never watched a world series but I'm here from micheles so I decided I'd still drop you a comment. Hope your team wins!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Chatty said...

Our beloved Red Sox decided to call it a day. It's been a fairy tale year.

Michele sent me!

9:49 PM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

i know you all love baseball so i don't want to offend anyone.. but really who cares about baseball since the return of hockey?? just kidding i hope the cards do well, but go leafs go!!! here from micheles :)

10:40 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Hello! I stopped watching when the Yankees lost. I hope the Cardinals do well! Michele sent me.

10:43 PM  
Blogger princssis said...

well, the Cards lost tonight. Had a dinner to go to, so we couldn't watch. It's not over yet!

10:47 PM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

hi, michele sent me. am not a follower of the sport but i truly hope your team wins! :)

2:04 AM  
Blogger FuzzBuck Fuzz said...

& not a game i follow either (yes, there are a few), and wasn't sent by Michele for a change.

I did that meme thingy though so for 20 things wou'll probably wish you didn't know about me visit my blog.

Thanks for the Tag.

:D

7:46 AM  
Anonymous colleen said...

I have a little Red Sox in my DNA. Mostly I don't follow sports though. Saying Hi from michle's today.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Daisyhead said...

Well, since the Twins and Red Sox are out, I'm gonna have to go with the White Sox.

Oh and by the way, Michele sent me. Lovely site you have here!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Russ said...

Hiya... I havent watched a game since my Braves lost in 18 innings. Sad, so very sad. But I will survive and I feel the need to watch a game soon. Go White Sox!!

10:11 PM  
Blogger ~Cathy~ said...

I'm not following the World Series. My husband has had it on a couple times when I've walked by the TV but I honestly can't even tell ya which team is which. :(

Am I banned from here now?!!? LOL

Michelle sent me!

10:17 PM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

Being a native Chicago gal, I have to say I am rooting for the White Sox! But if you ask me if I have watched a game, I'll have to admit, no...not a fan of watching sports on tv! Boring! LOL

Michele sent me!

10:30 PM  
Blogger InterstellarLass said...

As long as the Yankees don't win, I typically don't care. But, I would love to see the Astros win, simply for the fact that my great-grandfather was a big-time Astros fan. He died over 10 years ago, and never got to see his team win the WS.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home