PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, October 02, 2005

UGH! TECHNOLOGY!

Our cable company asked us about 4 months ago, to be a beta tester for their new phone service. We would receive the service for free for three months and just had to complete surveys and call them with any problems. The cable company has Sprint working with them providing the service. We agreed but kept our regular land line during the trial. Since there were virtually no problems, we decided to change our service to the cable phone after the three months. Long distance calls are included in the price and since we also have the cable TV and internet service, we got a discount. Good deal, right? Wrong!

It seems there's a problem that has arisen since so many subscribers have joined in. In the evening, when the system gets bogged down, we can't hear the person on the other end! They can hear us ok, but to us, it sounds like a cell phone that is cutting out! Then, on Friday, the service was down for like 3 hours for repair without any warning! At least the voice mail still picked up while the system was down so we could still get messages (by calling from a different phone line like a cell phone.) I thought the problem would be fixed, but it's not! It is very frustrating and they better hurry up and fix it, or I'm sure they will lose a lot of customers!

7 Comments:

Blogger yellojkt said...

Phone "service" from the cable company. Sorry, I would never bite. At least the phone company has some long distant genetic memory of what service is. Cable companies have never had a reputation to even sully.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Blond Girl said...

What a pain in the butt!

I would demand a credit for all the days your service has not been the best. If they want to keep their customers, they'll give it to you.

8:45 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me, sortof.

I was thinking of getting one of those services for my phone line also but decided to go with a cellphone instead. I was so annoyed at my phone carrier that I was desperate to get rid of my landline. So now it's roadrunner for the Internet and Verizon for my cellphone.

12:21 PM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

exercise your right as a customer. they owe you. hi, here via michele. :)

12:42 PM  
Blogger dena said...

I have phone service through our cable provider, and have had nothing but great service. Never a problem!

visiting from michele's

1:24 PM  
Blogger princssis said...

Utenzi: I would go with cell phone exclusively if the price were right and I had a da*n signal at home! Actually, the cable company recommends having a "backup" in case of a power outage.

Dena: Glad to know there is success out there. Hopefully, this is just a local problem with the service being so new here. I just hope they can fix it soon or I'll be forced to switch back.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

What a bummer... hope you got that all straightened out!

Here from Michele's... again ;)

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home