PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 10, 2005

How'd you do?

My last post was a True/False meme by way of Blond Girl. This was actually fun to watch those who don't even regularly read my post to make some guesses.
Are you ready for this? Here we go:

1. I took golf as an elective in college to impress my boyfriend. TRUE. My now hubby is a golfer - when he gets the chance. I thought I'd surprise him by learning to play. He told me I needed to go to the driving range to practice. Now, here I sit in the blogworld.


2. I am a neat freak. FALSE. I would like to be, though. Clutter seems to be my big downfall.

3. I am 15 years older than my youngest brother. TRUE. Tank is now 21 and in Iraq. He was 5 or 6 when he met my now hubby and Tank greeted him with a karate chop you-know-where!

4. I’ve recently been carded to buy glue. TRUE. I understand there's a problem with kids sniffing glue, but do I really look like I'm 18? I'm twice that age!

5. I spent 6 hours in labor with my first child and 36 hours with my second. Oh, so TRUE! I certainly wasn't expecting to be in labor that long the second time when my first was so easy!

6. I’ve built a motorcycle out of spare parts. TRUE. I never said this was working motorcyclele. I made a shadow box filled with my dad's favorite things one year for either his birthday or Father's Day. He loved motorcycles. I found some junk around the house and put one together. I remember I used an old nightlight bulb for the gas tank and a large hair clip (like the ones that have the long "bills") for exhaust pipes. I painted the lightbulb maroon like my dad's bike.

7. My husband and I were the third generation married on the same date. TRUE. It was even AR's idea! It's probably the most romantic thing he's done. We put off the wedding a year so the date would be on a Saturday. Well, I guess so I could finish my bachelor's degree, too.

8. I graduated high school in the lower 50%ile rank, therefore, nearly wasn’t accepted into junior college. TRUE. There were 6 in my high school class. I was #3. The local junior college had difficulty understanding how I could be in percentile rank I was. Finally, they got the picture.

9. I have been skinny dipping. FALSE. I consider skinny dipping as going for a swim or in a hot tub naked. For fun. After talking with Blond Girl, some may consider this true. The only time I've been naked in a body of water outside my bathtub was on our trip to Canada in a lake to bathe. Believe me, the water was so cold, I was in and out as fast as possible! NO fun there!

10. I don’t remember Kindergarten through the 3rd grade. TRUE. Unfortunately, I don't. I believe there was so much going on in my life then, I blocked it out. I have only one memory of a playground incident. I don't even remember my teachers!

11. I married when I was 19. FALSE. I was 22.

12. My prom date got stopped for speeding after he picked me up and the cop asked if we just got married. TRUE. I was wearing a yellow dress. Who gets married in a yellow dress?

13. I’ve been stranded on a lake for a week with no contact to the rest of the world. TRUE. I've been TWICE to Canada on one of those lakes where they drop you off and come back in a week to pick you up. No phones, news, electricity or anything. It is so relaxing!

14. I’m always punctual. Anyone who knows me is LOL now. Definately FALSE! GranDee says the only time I've been early was when I was born!

15. My mother-in-law is dating a convicted murderer out on parole. Sad, but TRUE. The story would probably make a good post.

16. I have a Master’s degree. TRUE. Graduated in 1994.

17. I co-own a tavern. TRUE. Anyone want to buy it? I'm tired of dealing with the partners. We just don't see things the same. A lot of you thought this one was a lie! Hee-hee.

18. I am 14 years younger than my “second mom” TRUE. My dad remarried a lovely lady 11 years his junior when I was 8. I told her "you will not replace my mom!" She is now a wonderful mom, grandma, friend and confidant. I grew up with her and my dad and visited my mom every summer.

19. While driving, I hit two deer at once. TRUE. I missed one and then following, there were two more walking across the road, side by side. The one farthest away was not instantly killed and the sheriff had to shoot it. The rest of the story would probably make another good post.

20. We experienced a tornado on our 13th anniversary, July 13th. TRUE. Sounds to good to not be made up, but it's true. Last year, our community was in the path of a tornado and it became aloft as it came across our town. Our tavern lost a roof and the grain elevator lost two storage bins. We lost many trees. Thankfully, no one was hurt! AR actually bought me flowers! They were delivered before the storm hit. I probably won't ever get flowers again!


Now, who to tag? Since Blond Girl already tagged most of the bloggers I know, I think I'll tag a couple new friends. (I hope you won't now consider me an enemy!)
Thanks for participating and remember to have fun!
Let me know when your True/False meme is up on your site!

7 Comments:

Blogger TC said...

Hi, thanks for tagging me! I put mine up under todays post!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Mama M said...

Hey there! My meme is up now on my blog. I didn't do too badly on yours, I think!

2:11 PM  
Blogger InterstellarLass said...

Hmmm. Looks like I didn't manage to guess any correctly! It was fun playing though!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Russ said...

Man I suck at these games.
Anyway, THANKS A LOT!!! for tagging me. Really it's OK I am a sport.
Plus up until today I was a meme virgin. You are my first *blush*...
I've posted mine, take a look.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I love your quiz! And I'm glad to find someone else with a small graduating class...I only graduated with 7 others.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Blond Girl said...

Good job! champs and I were discussing the motercycle one. You got him with that!

I should be sleeping, btw, but I'm not for two reasons:
1. my stupid blood sugar is low and
2. your brother keeps attacking me with his darn elbows! I swear I'm going to cut them off one day!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Russ said...

Look. You and that Blondy chick are tag teaming me on the meme tags. (get it? tag team /meme tag?? No? oh well).
What's up with that??
Who am I kidding... I love the attention. *blush* (again)

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home