PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Tagged. Hum.

Thanks so much to Blond Girl for tagging me for this meme thing. (I don't even know what meme is.) Here it goes:
I really new to the area and don't get around much, so I don't have 5 people to introduce you to. I get most my info from
Blond Girl. I will include Tongue Tyed , as requested.

When did you move to the neighborhood?
I wrote my first blog on July 1, 2005. So, I'm very new to the blogging neighborhood and I'm still trying to figure out some of the idiosyncrasies going on here, like searching for blogs. I barely have the time to check out Blond Girl's site, and I find myself commenting more on hers than writing my own blogs!

What region of the neighborhood are you from?
I could say I'm a California girl, since I was born in San Diego, but six weeks later, I was transplanted to Illinois, were I grew up and still live.

What is your favorite part of our neighborhood?
I would have to say learning more about my sis-in-law, Blond Girl. We really haven't communicated much in the past, but since she's started her blog and I know ONE DAY, she, Champs and Sweet Girl will be relocating to be closer to us (Champs' family), it's been a fun way to get to know her better.

What is your favorite place to visit 'round these parts?
Blond Girl , and Heather are the main one's I visit for now.

Since I just moved into a new house, I might want to take a short trip to a local place or area. Where would you suggest in your region?
Well, as Blond Girl will soon find out, there's not much here but corn and beans! Actually, I'm still finding little places to go for quick weekend trips, or even for the day. There's a Railroad Museum that I've been meaning to take CJ to and just haven't gotten there yet. I've heard very good things about it. St. Louis is very nice. Make sure you go to the Arch - there's nothing like it. There's also the Budweiser Brewery, Grant's Farm, and the Science Museum. Of course, I can't forget to tell you to catch a ball game at Busch Stadium - Go Cardinals!
RockHome Gardens has been a local favorite, but it has recently obtained new owners, so I'm not sure what it is like now. The Lincoln Museum just opened in Springfield, but I've not been there yet, either. Good things heard about it through the grapevine, though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Blond Girl said...

I knew this might be a challenge for you since you're new to this, but I also thought it would be fun to invite you to join the fun. Thanks for rising to the challenge. If you want to read a fun blog that will really show what a lot of comments look like, check out Michele's site (the URL is in my side bar).

I've kinda figured out the corn and beans thing. I laugh because on the way in it's cornfield, bean field, corn field, bean field, prospect avenue. Oh, we're here! Sure not like that here in the cities.... LOL

2:22 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Awww. Thanks Princssis!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Thumper said...

Hey, I used to live in Illinois, spitting distance from St Louis and all the fun stuff to do there (Belleville, IL) Mostly I remember endless fields of corn...

And yep, anyone going there has to check out Forrest Park...lots to do there!

Here via Michele :)

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home