PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, July 22, 2005

What's your first memory?

This is in response to Blond Girl's post.
I'm not sure which would be my first memory as my time line is confused. My parents divorced when I was 6 and Champs, my brother, was 3. I don't remember much about my childhood, probably blocking a lot out due to the divorce. I remember stepping on a bee in the backyard; a fight my parents had where my mom threw Dad's keys on the roof or in the street; a playground incident; missing the bus in the snow; and singing "D-I-V-O-R-C-E", not realizing what it spelled until my mom asked why I was singing that song. I don't remember anything about school until the 4th grade except the bus ride there and the one playground incident. I don't remember my teachers or friends. I do remember a neighborhood friend, Elizabeth, and going to her house a couple blocks from our house. She had red hair, like Champs! I wonder where she is now?

My mom told me I had been sexually assaulted by a babysitter when I was young, but don't know what age. I don't remember anything about it. Maybe this has something to do with the blocked memories, also? I don't know if I would want to try to remember these things. It makes me sad when people talk about their Kindergarten teacher and I have absolutely no recollection of mine. A lot of my memories aren't really memories, just a flashback to pictures I've seen. There's one of me in Champs' crib with him. I don't remember anything about him being born or brought home. I must've loved having him cuz my nickname was "Momma ____". I guess I thought he was my baby!

Sorry to ramble on. Just don't have a particular FIRST memory.
What's your first memory?

2 Comments:

Blogger SemiMBA said...

My first memory. Wearing an oversized rain jacket on my way to school carrying one of those really large lunch pails (with a thermos inside) -- all at the age of 4 1/2 on my way to Mrs. Robinson's kindergarten class.

Wow - how did I remember that?

Too bad about being molested by a babysitter. Nothing is as sacred as a childhood - and no one every has the right to defile your memories.

Good blog.

5:15 PM  
Blogger SemiMBA said...

You asked how I came upon your blog. Well - like most bloggers I read others along with the comments. When you place a comment, it is usually linked to your name. Some blog, such as yours, are quite interesting.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home