PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, July 18, 2005

WE'RE BAAAACK!

Well, I just read my last post to see exactly where I left off. Shortly after posting, CJ's friend's mom called to say CJ was crying and had a headache. He gets them frequently and they usually hit him hard and fast! This time, he woke up with it. I went down the street and brought him home. Before he even got in the car, I gave him some ibuprofen. It usually works for him. He laid on the couch with a cool washcloth on his head. We said a prayer. Shortly thereafter, he calmed down and fell off to sleep. I hurried around the house to get things ready to go. I wasn't sure if we'd get to go that day or not. Once he woke up, CJ was feeling much better. I fed Belle and left her in the high chair while I continued to pack the car. She fell asleep. Head down on the tray. So cute! Once everything was packed, I gently lifted Belle and put her in the car seat. Of course, she woke up. We left town right at 1:00pm, which was the "no later than" deadline.

Just as we left town I decided we needed to say a prayer. Murphy wasn't going to get his nose into this trip! I thanked God for the beautiful day for travel, for healing CJ's headache, and asked for a safe and easy trip. I asked that Belle would cooperate so we could arrive in a timely manner. I might have even asked that she finish her nap. Much to my surprise, Belle did not fall back to sleep. Not one wink for the full 3 1/2 hour trip! It did take us a little longer cuz I had to take a different route when leaving so I could pick up something at my mother-in-law's house. Belle and CJ both traveled well. Or at least, until the last 20 minutes. CJ and I had to sing multiple rounds of "Itsy bitsy spider" while Belle did a couple hand motions and said "down" when we got to the rain part. We arrived at our destination at 4:30pm.

Sunday, we all drove another hour to Bible Camp. CJ was so excited, he could hardly stand it! He hardly said goodbye! :-( I know he most likely won't be homesick. The only thing I'm concerned about is if he gets a headache or hurt and Mom's not there. I came back home today as I have to work Tues. And Wednesday. My brother-in-law and his family live an hour away, so someone could get there in an emergency, but I just pray he has a great time at camp and meets some good friends. Come to find out, three of his cabin mates, besides his cousin, were in his cabin last year. CJ recognized them right away.

Today, Belle and I returned home. She slept most of the way this time. I think she knew CJ wasn't there to entertain her! Now I have to get ready for the whirl-wind week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Blond Girl said...

I'm glad Belle slept on the way home. I was thinking that drive would be good for you to have some time to think, reflect, pray... just breathe before the week began. I can't believe it's only Tuesday... feels like Thursday already, I've been so busy and had so much to do!

I'm glad you found Champs blog... I wanted you to find it on your own. Your comments made me laugh out loud!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

My sons are at church camp with my in-laws this week. They also went a few weeks ago and Bump got sick and threw up all night. I felt so bad that I wasn't there to comfort him. Yet, I was happy that I wasn't the one cleaning up puke! LOL.

We never did find FireToad.

RIP Firetoad!!!

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home