PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Here we go....

I still have nothing packed and plan to leave at noon. Plan is the key word. It seems I always plan a time to leave and end up leaving an hour or more later than that. I don't know what it is about me that causes it, maybe procrastination. I always have good intentions, but just don't get the job done. I'm hoping if I leave close to on time, Belle will sleep most of the way. She didn't get much of a nap yesterday, so she ought to be good and tired today. CJ spent the night last night at a friend's house since he'll be gone for a whole week and won't see his friend. I may need him to come back early this morning to help entertain his sister. Sometimes he likes that responsibility and sometimes he responds with "Aw, Mom! Why do I have to?" He's actually very good at keeping her in giggles.

Once we are on the road, I just pray for safe travel and cooperation from the kids. Both are pretty good travelers. Belle is just such a happy girl! She's pretty easy going, until she decides to make her presence known by a loud scream. In a car, it can send shivers up your spine. We will have a three hour trip, if all goes well.

I suppose I ought to get off this computer and round up the monstrous load so I can make my deadline. Feel free to share tips for next time on how you prepare for a trip, especially with kids.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blond Girl said...

well, first, I pray! tee hee
Champs says "lots of drugs", but he is KIDDING.

So far, now that Sweet Girl is old enough, we've found that the LeapPad with earphones is a lifesaver! We're lucky that she is a good traveler.

I don't mind that you have problems with being late. It ensures compassion for me when we move there...
I hope you had a good trip.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Champs said...

I don't knwo why I don't tell you about stuff like the jerk at Long John Silvers. Brain dead sometimes, I suppose. Motor and Tank heard it because it happened just before Tank was shipped out. I'll do better...I promise.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home