PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, July 01, 2005

Grilling by Flashlight!

This evening, after my husband grilled our steaks, he recommended we put an arm roast on the hot coals. He had thawed it a couple days ago but our schedule changed, as it often does, and it had not been cooked. I knew I would still be awake, so I agreed to watch it. As I checked on it, I had to take the flashlight out to the grill so I could read the thermometer. I pulled it off at 11:20pm. I will put it in the fridge soon and we'll eat it tomorrow, in some form or another.

Shortly after my husband put the roast on the grill, he read this to me from our local paper:

"Barbecuing is the only type of cooking a real man will do. When a man volunteers to do the barbecue for the Fourth of July, this could be what happens:
1) The woman goes to the store and picks up all the necessary items.
2) the woman makes the salad, vegetables, and dessert.
3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man, who is lounging beside the grill, beer in hand.
4) The man places the meat on the grill.
5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
6) The woman comes out to tell the man that he meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.
7) The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.
8) The woman prepares the plates and brings them to the table.
9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
10) Everyone praises the man and thanks him for his cooking efforts.
11) The mans asks the woman how she enjoyed her night off."

This is in no way a slam on men. This just sounds very familiar. Although, my hubby is a little more involved than this example. Just a little something for the funny bone!

Tell me if this is like what happens at your house!

2 Comments:

Blogger Blond Girl said...

Good job on the blog!

The theme around the grill seems to be, "We real men. We cook with Fire!" ug.

Well, Champs is a better griller than that, though I do end up doing all the "interior prep" usually. This means (if it is hamburgers) putting my hands in the raw meat to mix in the "secret spices" and shaping the patties. If it is brats, it means par boiling them in beer and making the buttered onions (YUM!). It's ok, though... when Champs makes grilled fajitas, I don't lift a finger and they are the best thing ever! When we move to Another State with you, we'll have you over and the men can drink beer and tend the grill while we secretly rule the universe! tee hee

Welcome to the world of blogging! So glad you're here!

BTW, is Princssis spelled that way to add the "sis" to it?

4:42 PM  
Blogger princssis said...

You got it! I tried a couple different spellings before one was available. So, I figure it can be: princ /s/ sis. Get it?

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home