PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Glad someone was thinking!

Last night, I decided to take a luxurious bath, instead of a shower. My tub is quite unique. It is a handmade sunken concrete tub with one inch tiles. It is very deep - nearly to my shoulders when sitting. It is also squared on the sides, so it's very uncomfortable. The back is perfectly straight, so there's no support for your back or neck. Since it is so deep, it takes a long time to fill. I turned on the water, poured in the "skin milk" bubble bath I received as a gift and decided I could "quick" check my e-mail. Of course, I forgot about the bath water running. My age is starting to show. When I remembered, I ran upstairs, expecting to find water everywhere! However, I discovered the "flipper" for the drain has three slits in it for overflow control. I never knew that was there in the twelve years we've lived here!

I've been contemplating what to do with the tub if we ever remodel that bathroom (it's horrendous!). At least I know now one feature I will include!

2 Comments:

Blogger Blond Girl said...

You made me laugh out loud! Given the size of that mammoth, those must have been some emails!

8:10 AM  
Blogger trusty getto said...

Well, if you're inclined to tear it out, consider a reclaimed antique tub. I've go an antique re-enameled cast iron clawfoot tub that simply rocks! It's comfortable, with a dandy incline up the back, and it fits one of those doo-hickeys that sits on the top and holds things, like soap, a book, whatever. I can sit in there all day (or at least 'til the water gets cold)!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home