PRINCSSIS SPEAKS...you may listen

Anyone who knows me and my family will know that I am "Princess Sister" to my three younger brothers. I'm a fairly quiet woman, so when I have something to say, I expect to be heard. I mean no disrespect or place myself on any kind of pedestal. My brothers gave me this name, so I honor them by using it.

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Ahhh, Freedom!

Well, the Fourth of July is now over. CJ was better today - no fever! However, I did not let him ride the fire truck in the parade with the cub scout pack. I figured we didn't need to push it! It was just too hot. Our friends came over this evening and we served pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw, smoked ranch beans, mac-n-cheese, and fruit. One of the friends brought "Dirt dessert" made with instant chocolate pudding, cool-whip and oreo cookies. YUM!

One of the other mom's and I took the kids to see fireworks, just as it started to rain. We went to the next town, 5 miles south. It rained even harder there and the display was postponed to tomorrow night. Anyone know where Murphy is? (See blondgirlraves.blogspot.com) On our way back home, we saw the town's fireworks that is 5 miles north of ours, so we started driving toward them. We parked in the country and watched. It was actually a pretty awesome display for such a small town. Did I hear Murphy groan?

Just remember what independence Day is all about. While driving home from the postponed fireworks, one of the kids piped,"I wish I was on the other side of the world so I could see the fireworks there." The other mom and I started to explain that independence Day is ....
then one of the other kids (CJ) spoke up and said "that is where the Star Spangled Banner came from. From the war that we won our freedom." From the mouths of babes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home